At D3M, we pride ourselves on our friendly, prompt customer service. Often asked the same questions when we first start working with clients, we thought we would tackle five of the most common questions that keep popping up. Here we go!
1) Where is my data stored?
Teldio takes data security and the privacy of your personal information very seriously. All D3M data is stored by Amazon Data Centers, a trusted and reliable organization which specializes in data storage. Their servers are redundant (meaning the data is duplicated) and distributed (meaning it isn’t all stored in one location). They are industry experts in the secure storage and provisioning of data and are able to guarantee 99.99% availability of data. For more information about Amazon’s security systems check out their data services & security practices.
2) Is D3M a co-op approved solution?
D3M is a co-op approved solution for authorized Motorola Solutions dealers throughout North America & EMEA, as well as Icom dealers within the United States. Certified Motorola Solutions dealers can use their co-op dollars to cover the entire D3M subscription cost, while Icom America will cover up to $800 of their D3M subscription. Please contact your co-op Customer Support Team for more information about receiving reimbursement for your D3M subscription.
3) Why would I use D3M instead of Microsoft Visio?
For years, Microsoft Visio has been used by two-way radio dealers as there were no great alternatives. Here are the main reasons to make the switch to D3M:
- Web-Based – Unlike Visio, D3M is a web-based application that lets you create and edit project diagrams, sales proposals, and documents from any computer or tablet (PC, Mac or Linux). Whether you’re in the office or out in the field, you can access all your project files. No downloading or installation required.
- Affordability – Equip your entire organization’s sales team, managers, support & engineers with access to D3M for less than the cost of a couple Visio licenses. See our pricing here.
- Built Specifically for the Two-Way Radio Industry – D3M was designed for everyone involved in the process of creating and managing two-way radio projects – sales team, technicians, engineers, and managers. Pre-loaded with hundreds of two-way radio icons, user templates, and built-in engineering rules, it’s a piece of cake to start using it.
- Ease of use – D3M is an intuitive tool. With a few simple clicks, you can create your radio network, edit properties and generate a professional sales proposal or quote.
- Visibility – D3M allows your customers to view live project files even if they don’t have a D3M account. No licenses required.
- Automation – D3M’s true value differentiator lies in the ability to collect and store data from the network diagram and utilize it for other purposes. Limit redundant data entry and ensure your entire project stays up-to-date as it evolves. Store device-specific configuration data, validate engineering rules, output statements of work, proposal documents, quotes & more.
The more you explore D3M, the more perks you’ll discover!
4) Who within my company should be using D3M?
D3M was built with your entire team in mind. With real-time sharing and live collaboration, projects can be tackled together and shared with customers along the way. From start to finish, D3M will help keep your team stay organized, making you stand out from the competition and reducing your operational costs. Here’s how each member of your team can use the tool:
- Sales Reps – Create your detailed network diagram, and from that diagram, D3M will auto-generate a quote, bill of materials and professional proposal to live share with technicians & customers.
- Engineers – Throughout the design, engineering, deployment & support phases of a project D3M is beneficial. Store valuable network settings & data, generate fleetmaps, house codeplugs, warranty plans & access the network information from anywhere, anytime.
- Managers – From an administrator account, managers can oversee projects, edit company templates, deactivate accounts should employees leave & ensure all project data stays centralized within the dealership.
- End Users – Customers like seeing what they’re buying and how the network fits together. D3M allows customers to access professional network diagrams, bill of materials & proposals while knowing that they are viewing the most up-to-date data available.
5) How hard is it to start using D3M? How much training is required?
D3M was built as an intuitive, easy to use tool, but we suggest you sign up for a quick 30-minute demo to tap into the full potential of D3M from the beginning and make the transition as smooth as possible. If you have additional questions, our help center is full of articles and answers about frequently asked questions.
At D3M, we believe customer support is of the utmost importance. We are always here to support you whether you just signed up for a trial or are longtime user and have some questions. Just a phone call or keyboard stroke away (online chat feature on the bottom right corner of your screen), we’ll get back to as soon as possible.
Well, there you have it folks, our 5 most common questions. Have another question to throw our way? Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll get back to you in a jiffy.