Here at D3M, we are doing our part to help promote environmental awareness and save paper one sheet at a time!
Did you know:
- The average office worker uses 10,000 sheets of copy paper each year
- 45% of the paper printed in offices ends up trashed by the end of the day – this daily lifespan occurs for over a trillion sheets of paper per year, worldwide
- The average document is copied 9 to 11 times
- A typical employee spends 30%-40% of their time looking for information lost in e-mail, documents, shared hard disks and filing cabinets
- Each four-drawer file cabinet holds an average of 10,000 to 12,000 documents, takes up to 9 square feet of floor space and costs $1,500 per year.
As technology continues to evolve and become more accessible, it has never been easier to lead a life using less paper, especially at the office. Electronic bills, mobile apps, and the cloud have simplified everyday transactions that once involved high paper consumption.
Working digitally not only saves money and trees it also gives you the ability to work on the go, since you can view files on your computer, phone, or tablet. Enhancing accessibility & security while increasing space and cost savings here are a few tips to help you and your office go paperless.
Transfer to the Cloud
The cloud makes it easy for multiple users to store, share, and collaborate on documents. Accessible through any internet-connected computer or mobile device, everything is stored in one place and you no longer have to worry about different versions or file formats.
Digital Proposals, Quotes & Signatures
Eliminate the need to physically sign printed documents, especially internal ones as they result in a lot of paper waste. E-signatures which are fast and easy to use, and have been legally binding for 10 plus years. Simply generate your documents, quotes, and proposals online and send them out electronically as PDFs.
Weed out any original paper documents you no longer need and discard or shred them. Any important documents such as contracts floating around your office should be scanned and stored in the cloud for safekeeping and easy access.
File Storage & Sharing
Share files without an expensive trip to the printer. Store all your team’s files on the cloud so everyone on the team can simultaneously access, edit, and share files in real time from any device. Easily distribute with clients via email, and you’ve just saved even more paper!
As we celebrate Earth Day this April 22nd, D3M hopes you’ll join the global effort to protect the environment by going paperless.
See how D3M can help you and your dealership go paperless. Sign up today.